Sunday, January 08, 2012

Book 1 Of 10 - The Sword Of Shannara

Zomg.

 To my fellow, geeky, science-fantasy adoring peoples, I present to you 'The Sword Of Shannara' by Terry Brooks.

{Source}
This book is the first in a trilogy and it is *absolutely incredible*.  I read it over the past week and oh...Just oh!  When I was about 16, I borrowed the trilogy from my then-boyfriend and read all three books over a fortnight.  My lovely brother bought them for me for Christmas and it was just as good as I remembered!

For those of you who like a story full of magic, epic battles and a band of comrades who quest to save the world, this novel is a must-read.  It was inspired by LOTR and you can feel it in the way it is written.  You come to love the characters; you fight with them, you cry with them, you exult in joy as they do.  It's truly an engrossing, superbly written novel, full of intrigue, mystery and an ending that will keep you guessing.

I'm thrilled that I've managed to finish one book already!  I'm well stuck into the second novel, 'The Elfstones Of Shannara', so watch this space for another review soon!
Hope you're having a grand weekend and have lots of wonderful things planned for the week ahead!

xoxo
♥Ắçĕ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment