Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Book 2 Of 10 - The Elfstones Of Shannara

{Source}
Good golly.  I am missioning through these books!  And the reason for that is because they are *so* well written and completely engrossing!  I'm already a good way through the third and am fighting myself to read it slower so I can savour every word.

This book is my favourite of the trilogy; fifty years have passed since the first novel and again, a darkness threatens to engulf the world.  It is up to two young people to embark on a perilous quest in order to save it.  It's rammed full of adventure, intrigue and action with incredibly detailed battle scenes and a tenderness between characters not often seen in this sort of novel.  This novel is also my favourite because it really makes me feel; I'm not overly keen on the way the story ends (in fact, it really annoys me because I've grown so attached to two particular characters!) but I *like* that it makes me consider why I'm feeling the way I do and exactly why the author chose to end the book that way.

I'm thrilled to be through my second book already and am keen to keep reading, especially since this third novel is just as gripping as the first two!  I spent the rest of today hanging out with my family and starting the adventure that is crocheting a blanket (^_^) I've got tons of a very pretty aran wool which is a slightly off-white colour flecked with pinks, greens, blues and yellows.  It's going to make a super snuggly blanket!

I hope you're all having a great week!  Thank you for stopping by!

xoxo
♥Ắçĕ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment