Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday Must Haves #21

Did you all have a lovely weekend?  I sure did!  In preparation for the next three weeks of too-many-hours and not-enough-sleep (a terrible combination!) I did pretty much nothing (^_^) I crocheted some more granny squares for my blanket, read more of my book and, most deliciously, I baked a cake.

It was a simple Victoria sponge with strawberry jam and buttercream which I have made *so* many times, I know the recipe by rote.  It was really tasty, light and fluffy and it got me thinking; why don't I bake more?  So, this week's Monday Must Haves are all about baking, cooking and having a darn good time in the kitchen making scrumptious food!

Antiqued Copper Bakers Charm Necklace with Miniature Cupcake Baking Pan and Tiny Measuring Spoons
{Source}
♥ Not only do I love the colour of this cute necklace but this really reminds me of when I was young, making cupcakes with my Mum and my Nan.  We have a set of measures just like that and a big cupcake pan that we'd bake delicious treats in (^_^) Super pretty with more than just a touch of nostalgia!

Kitchen Art - You Spin Me Round - 8.5x11 and 8x10 Print - Retro Inspired Digital Illustration Poster - Green - Standing Mixer - Baking
{Source}
I adore this print!  I think there is something really lovely about green in a kitchen (Note to S: I'd really like green in our kitchen!) and this cute print would fit perfectly in my future home!  It's just my kind of humour and I think it would bring a smile to my face every time I saw it.  Not to mention encourage me to get my mixer out and make something tasty!

Charm Bracelet, Kiss the Cook, Cooking and Baking, Kitchen, Vintage Inspired
{Source}
Okay, I'm *clearly* lusting after charm bracelets at the moment!  I think I just like how busy they are, I could spend ages admiring each individual charm and I'd love the little jingly sounds it would make (^_^) This pretty bracelet is full of gorgeous baking and kitchen charms, not to mention the lovely 1940s images of ladies!  *So* lovely!

Sweetheart Hostess Apron-Pink Cupcakes-Vintage Inspired -Full of Twirl Flounce- Ready to ship
{Source}
We all know that baking and cooking can be a messy business (it's part of why we love it so much!) and what better way to protect your clothes with something as utterly gorgeous as this apron?  I love how pretty and stylish it is, with the lovely circle skirt look.  I would totally wear this if it were a dress!  Cuteness overload!

I hope you're all having a great start to your week!  I'm not looking forward to the next few weeks so much but I'm keeping positive and going to spend my spare time doing things I really love to make up for it!
I've got my 100th blog post coming up *Woo!  Made it to 100!* and I'm SUPER excited and proud!  I'd really like to do something special for it, so I was thinking...maybe a crocheted giveaway would do the trick!  Keep your eyes peeled, it's coming soon!  Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to attempt making meringues!  Wish me luck!

xoxo
♥Ắçĕ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment