Friday, January 25, 2013

Embroidered.

Remember me showing you the little owl I drew?  And then saying how I wanted to embroider it onto the front of a notebook?



I used a larger needle to prick the holes for the outline before I started sewing.  Though note to self - Next time, sew the details -before- the outline; the number of times my needle got caught in the thread of the outline while I was sewing the eyes and beak!  Grr!

It took a couple of sessions to get it finished, two afternoons away from work that were interspersed with lunches, cups of coffee and many, many kitcat snuggles.




I added the pupils using a black fine point pen and I've left his tummy bare...Though I might go back and add a chevron pattern in the same bright green thread ^_^


I'm really pleased with how it turned out!  I like that he's a little bit wonky and eternally surprised and just a little bit colourful ^_^  I've got a couple of other designs in mind that I'd like to have a go at embroidering onto card or paper.  I'd love to know what you think ^_^ Thank you for stopping by!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you ^_^ I forgot how fiddly sewing like that is >.<

      Delete