Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Perfect Pancake Day!


I ♥ pancakes and pancake day.  It's one of those days I forget about nearly every year, then all of a sudden it's a week away and I start to get excited by the promise of fluffy, scrumptious pancakes.  My Mum is a total star and, after a light omelette dinner, made us all the most delicious pancakes yet!  They get better every year, I swear!

If you're interested in making some of these tasty "drop scones" or "scotch pancakes" for yourself, here's a very quick and easy recipe that'll have you scoffing delicious treats in no time!  This recipe makes around 14-15 pancakes at roughly 4 inches in diameter (^_^)

You Will Need:
4oz self-raising flour
Pinch of salt
1oz sugar
1 egg
1/2 pint of milk
1oz melted butter

How To Make The Lovely Deliciousness
♥ Sieve together the dry ingredients
♥ Beat in the egg, then the milk and lastly add the melted butter.  Beat together well.
♥ Grease and warm the frying pan
♥ Drop around 2 tablespoons-full of the mixture onto the pan and cook for about 30 seconds on each side.
♥ To test if they're cooked properly, take a knife or spatula and press the pancake firmly - if no batter comes out and it feels springy and firm, remove from heat and serve immediately.

My family traditionally eats these with a really good vanilla ice cream and maple syrup, but they're also ravishingly yummy with blueberries, banana and honey or made with chocolate chunks and served with mint-choc-chip ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce!  Decadent or what?


Excuse the blurriness of the picture, but I was way too excited to eat them to take a clear one!  I savoured every moment of them, especially since tomorrow I begin my 40 day challenge and pancakes are *definitely* off the menu!  I'm so stuffed full right now, I think it would be a good time to flump in front of the T.V. with some sewing and a big mug of tea.  Have a kick-ass day!

No comments:

Post a Comment