Monday, September 12, 2011

Monday Must Haves #15

I've been thinking a lot about art journalling recently (I say thinking about, since I've not had a moment to myself lately!) It's something I've been interested in doing and I've read a lot about it on various websites and blogs!  I'd love to really explore that creative side of me which I've never had the chance to before and see what comes from it.

This week, Monday Must Haves is focussing on art journalling and all the incredible supplies I've been drooling over the last few days!  A girl can dream, right?

Zombie Love large moleskine journal (sketch)
{Source}
♥  I am both terrified and fascinated by zombies, it's a real love-hate relationship!  This blank journal would be ideal for starting an art journal and it would make me smile every time I looked at it!

Japanese Washi Tape Full Sampler Pack
{Source}
♥ These are the cutest tapes I have ever seen.  Washi tape is so versatile and would completely liven up a journal, cards and scrapbooking, I'd use it all the time!  I've wanted to experiment with washi tape for a long long time but I'm finding it quite tough to find locally.  I think I'm going to have to look abroad to get some (I can always sneakily get it delivered to S in America and get him to send it to me!)

Craft Paper (Embroidered)
{Source}
♥ Being a girl who goes nuts over anything stationary related, I would *love* to add these gorgeous embroidered papers to my stack.  These would come in so handy for art journalling, since they add colour and texture to the pages, which is something I would want from my art journal.

Inspiration kit Embellishment nest- 30 yards of rayon ribbon and fancy fibers, art yarns in Water Goddess
{Source}
♥ Speaking of texture, wouldn't these brightly coloured threads be awesome to include in a journal?  One thing I really love about art journalling is how mixed-media it is.  I tend to stick to pen & pencil on paper when I'm creating but this would open up a whole other world for me!

Ooh, I'm all excited now!  I think I'm going to have to spend my day away from work tomorrow just relaxing with a journal and my creative imagination (^_^) I hope you guys are having a wonderful Monday and have a great week ahead!  Mine is full of work (which makes a change *chuckles*) so I'm anticipating being very tired and desperately looking forward to my Saturday off - yay weekend!

xoxo
♥Ắçĕ♥

1 comment: