Wednesday, November 23, 2011

For Ems.

This post is going to be just a little bit sad and it's going to be difficult to write, to let you know before you continue reading it.

I got back from America on Saturday morning.  I love coming home, even though it's tough for me to leave S all that way away.  I love seeing my family and being greeted by our furry little family, too.  I was thrilled to see Gizmo, Win and WhiteFace but was wondering where my special girl Ems was (Ems is the Mumma cat to our three little kitten-babies) She hadn't been seen since Friday night and it was very unusual for her to be gone for any length of time.

Days passed and she didn't turn up.  We went out looking for her, registered her missing with vets and catteries, hoping that someone had perhaps picked her up as a stray and would take her in.

Yesterday, while I was at work, my Mum got a phone call from the dog warden telling us that Ems had been found.  Sadly, heartbreakingly, she'd been in an accident and she was gone.

Anyone who has ever lost a pet will know how difficult it is.  Our whole family is grieving terribly at the loss of Ems.  I adopted her when she was 13 weeks old and she has been a constant, faithful, loving companion for the past two and a half years.  She was the cutest, silliest, most wonderful cat I've ever owned; she brought joy to my life every day and I love her deeply.

Ems, we all miss you.  You were an amazing friend to us all and we can't thank you enough for giving us your gorgeous babies to love and take care of.  I love you with all my heart and I know you loved me right back.  I will never forget your pretty face, your amazing personality and the happy days we spent together, snuggling on the sofa, playing with your special toy stick and taking lovely afternoon naps.  You were there with me through some of the most important and difficult times I've experienced in my life.  Thank you for being the best, Ems.


All my love, my beautiful baby girl.
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Oh miss. :( I am so sorry. And I do know how difficult this is for you. /huge hug Just know she's playing with all sorts of kitty toys, and is with friends and family. I am so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Angie - Thank you so much for your sweet comment. A lot of people have that 'it's just a cat/dog/animal' mentality but it's so good to know that there are others there who understand how this feels. Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete