Monday, February 04, 2013

Charity For February: Send A Cow

Send a cow

Considering the amount of time I spend in thrift stores or putting my pennies in charity buckets, it was hard for me to decide who to donate to this month.  There are an overwhelming number of deserving causes and choosing between them is so difficult!  While I normally would decide to donate to an animal charity or one a little closer to home, I found Send A Cow really sat right with me, in terms of the charity's ethics (what your donation gets spent on, how much actually goes where it is needed) and the way that I was able to -choose- for myself what I wanted my donation to be used for.

Quite simply, this charity is cool: You can donate an amount of money if you'd like, but I chose to donate money to buy something specific.  There are options to buy livestock, tools, even whole farms!  Rather than sending aid, Send A Cow sends the means to becoming self-sufficient, allowing communities to provide for themselves and, once they have 'graduated' from the programme, helping other families, other communities that are in need.  The families that grow through this charity can, in turn, help other families achieve the same things.  Sure, it's not an overnight solution to a problem, but with 14,000 families helped every year, it's an amazing step in the right direction.




I hope you guys are having a brilliant day ^_^ Thank you for stopping by!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment