Sunday, February 10, 2013

Happy (Chinese) New Year!

This year is the Year of the Snake!  It is said that those born in the Year of the Snake are intelligent and quick thinking, but can also be dishonest and prone to showing off!  Intriguing!  I don't really follow the Chinese zodiac (or the Western one, for that matter!) but when New Year pops up, I do like to have a look around and see what beautiful things I can find to celebrate a new start ^_^

Sterling Silver Ouroboros Infinity Ring - Year of the Snake
{Source}
One thing I really like about the snake is the symbology regarding infinity - "My beginning is my end".  This ring is so pretty in it's simplicity and I like the notion of eternity all wrapped up in itself ^_^

Diamond Eyes Silver Snake Shawl Pin / Shawl Stick / Hair Pin with Genuine Black Diamonds
{Source}
Again, this lovely shawl pin (perfect for keeping knits in place or even adding to your hair!) is lovely in its' simplicity, with sparkly eyes and a high polish that makes it eye-catching without overwhelming your outfit.

Year of the Snake Lunar New Year pop up card, Chinese New Year, Spring Festival

Year of the Snake Lunar New Year pop up card, Chinese New Year, Spring Festival
{Source}
I love everything about this card!  From the pretty, simple detail on the front to the handsome surprise inside!  The colours compliment each other beautifully, I'd love to receive this on -any- occasion, but especially as a Happy Chinese New Year card ^_^

Rattlesnake Vertebrae Delicate Bone Necklace, Genuine Vertebra and Topaz Silver Necklace, Real Bone Necklace, Silver Animal Bone Necklace
{Source}
I admit, I used to find jewellery and art made from bones a little weird.  But this necklace, carefully made from rattlesnake vertebrae, is so delicate and so pretty, I'd love to add it to my jewellery box.  It's very understated when worn (as you can see in other pictures), wouldn't it make a wonderful conversation starter?

I hope you've all had a great weekend and you're looking forward to the week ahead ^_^ Happy Chinese New Year!  Thank you for stopping by!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment