Sunday, June 02, 2013

Goodbye // Hello

Last Thursday was my final day at work.  I've worked at a bakery for just over two years now and it has been the most labour-intensive, challenging job I've ever had.  I can't say that I've enjoyed it (in fact, more often than not I hated working there) but I feel like I've learned a lot and I've made some good friends that I hope to stay in touch with.

There were a lot of rules and regulations there and I am thrilled to finally be free from all the restrictions they imposed!  So here is a little goodbye to my bakery life and hello to the one waiting for me outside it ^_^

Goodbye Baseball Cap and Hairnet - You left me with hat hair and awkward dents so many times, although you were excellent for bad hair days too.

Goodbye Ugly Uniform - You never quite fit right and you were an unflattering shade of blue.  You got worn out so quickly but we were never allowed new items of you.

Goodbye Old Coffee Machine - You were horrible to clean.  Like, dangerously horrible.  You never worked properly, you gave short measures and you were slow as heck.  And your coffee was average at best.

Goodbye Sharp Things and Hot Things and Detrimental-to-my-Health Things - You burned me, cut me, fell on me, pinched me and generally disturbed my wellbeing for two years.  Please avoid doing the same to my brother.

//

Hello Nail Polish - I've missed you.  In fact, I put some of you on my nails on Thursday night, in celebration.  You're bright pink and I like it.

Hello Jewellery - Earrings, I can't wait to wear you every day.  Pretty necklaces, rings and even you, purple watch, will adorn me at every possible event.  And woo for never having to take you out, lip ring.  

Hello Sleep - I'm never getting up at 5 a.m. again.  Ever.

Hello Freedom - No more having to wait for schedules to be posted.  No more arranging then rearranging because my shifts fall on different days.  No more phone calls at 6 a.m. because someone called in sick and there is no-one else available.  No more being stuck inside on beautifully warm days.  No more working in a job I don't like ^_^

It's weird how much of a change leaving my job has made to me already.  Now that I'm not officially employed any more, I feel like things are moving forward much more quickly.  S has found us a lovely apartment (with outside space!!!) and he's working really hard in his sparkly new supervisory position.  I'm finalising things here and getting ready to book some tickets.  After all the time we've waited, it's falling into place and I am beyond excited ^_^ 

I hope you've had a great weekend and you've got an awesome week ahead.  What are you excited about?  Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. SO wonderful! I love the feeling of being done with work. And you'll be in the states so soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so, so, so awesome not having to go to work any more ^_^ weeeeeee free time!

      Delete