Thursday, February 17, 2011

If I Knew You Were Coming I'd Have Baked A Cake...


But lucky for you, I whipped up some delicious chocolate fudge cookies, so you can tuck into one of those instead!  They are really, *really* good.  It's the first time I've made them and I'm really pleased with how they turned out.  They're all chocolatey and gooey and delicious (^_^)

You Will Need:
Half a cup (65g) self raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Quarter teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon instant coffee
Two thirds of a pound (300g) chocolate (cooking chocolate is best for this)
Quarter cup (60g) unsalted butter
1 and a half cups (300g) sugar (preferably granulated)
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup (150g) chocolate chips (300g if you want both milk and white)

How To Make The Lovely Deliciousness

  • Sift the dry ingredients together well
  • Melt the chocolate and butter together in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.  Leave the mixture to cool to room temperature (This can take a while, if you want to speed it up a bit you can immerse the bowl in cold water - just keep stirring to make sure it doesn't set)
  • Beat the sugar and eggs together until the mix is thick and yellow (I did this by hand and it took about 10 minutes.  With a mixer/electric whisk, it should take 2/3)
  • Mix in the chocolate and vanilla extract
  • Fold in the dry ingredients and the chocolate chips
  • Cover and put in the fridge to set for a minimum of 30 minutes (I was impatient and took mine out after half an hour but I'd really recommend a couple of hours, if not overnight)
  • Once the mixture is firm, take it out of the fridge, prepare your baking trays with baking paper and pre-heat your oven to 350°F (180°C)
  • Spoon the mixture onto your baking tray into rounds that measure roughly 9-10cm in diameter (my mix wasn't that firm so I spread it out to make 2 "giant" cookies I could later slice into squares)
  • Bake for around 12-15 minutes or until the top is dry and cracked but still shiny.  Leave to stand for a few minutes before removing them from the baking tray so they have a chance to firm a little.
  • Scoff before anyone gets their mitts on them!  They won't last long!
I hope you enjoy making these as much as I did, they are really delicious and my whole family thought they were delicious.  Not bad for a first attempt at soft, chocolatey cookie awesomeness (^_^)

No comments:

Post a Comment