Sunday, March 06, 2011

Seriously Sweet Sunday

I want to be a 1950s housewife.  Seriously.  I want to polish the mirrors and bake cookies while lazing about in gloriously gorgeous dresses like these.
{Source}
{Source}
{Source}
I have officially been inspired by the 1950s look, something which I was previously pretty ignorant about.  My boy, the star that he is, suggested that we watch the movie 'Flipped' last night.
{Source}

It's the sweetest coming-of-age movie I've ever seen.  Everything about it was completely beautiful, from the wonderful costumes to the awe-inspiring sets.  Here are some of the stills from the movie, showcasing the awesomeness.
I swear this was me as a kid (the girl, obv.!)

<3 the colour of her shirt and his awesome plaid!

Gorgeous dress.  'Nuff said.

This shot is just gorgeous, from her awesome outfit to the crazy cute screen.  Do want!
{Source} for all stills
Boy and I decided that I am going to be a stay-at-home-in-gorgeous-dresses housewife someday.  And, despite my feminist streak, I'm totally okay with that.  As long as I get to wear pretty dresses.  And bake apple and blueberry pies.  And get to be fabulous in general.  I need me a 1950s dress, pronto.

1 comment:

  1. Eee, I love the first and third dress the most!!! I adore vintage dresses. They are so gorgeous!!!

    I think it's awesome and totally cute of you to be a 1950s housewife. Such charm and class! ♥

    ReplyDelete