Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Two Weeks.

I can't believe how quickly the time rolls around.  Two weeks already?  Where did all those days go?

Things have been quiet around these here parts.  S is working five out of seven days so I'm on my own at home, pottering about, doing bits and pieces here and there.  I make dinner in the evenings and we eat together before settling in to watch a movie or play board games.  On his days off, we take trips to the supermarket or the laundrette (still finding it weird not having our own washing machine), watch movies and eat yummy (read: unhealthy) food.

I'm halfway between holiday mode and living mode at the moment.  Everything is in a permanent state of unrest because I can't unpack properly (our apartment didn't come furnished so we're still looking for things like a chest of drawers and some storage boxes for my craft supplies), so while I feel like I'm settling in at the same time it doesn't feel very...real.  Like I'm about to repack my suitcase (which I'm still kind of living out of) and head off back to England.  I didn't anticipate feeling perfectly at home right away, and I know it takes time to start making a house feel like your own.  I'm just not sure when that permanence is really going to hit.

At least the weather has been pretty beautiful this week ^_^ No more of that unbearable heat!  One of S's friends has a birthday tomorrow so we might be throwing a little celebration for that before we head off bowling in the evening.  Then who knows!  My time is my own, I just have to figure out what I want to make of it.

I hope you've all had a great week so far and you're making plans for an exciting weekend.  Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment