Saturday, February 12, 2011

I Stand Corrected!

No, S, *you* are the greatest!
Look at the freakin' AWESOME Valentine's card I got from my boy!  It's *so* cute!  And not the overly-romantic mush-fest I normally get *chuckles* This really is a card of epic proportions, I am so thrilled to have received it!  S really liked his card too (which thankfully was not destroyed by the post) so I am a very happy bunny indeed (^_^)

To find out more, click here
In other, also awesome news, I've decided to take part in this year's Indie Business course, which is specifically designed for people with creative businesses.  Now, I don't actually have a creative business YET but starting one has been on my mind for quite some time.

When I was at university, I had plans to obtain lots of qualifications and become some kind of Renaissance lecturer (I freakin' love Shakespeare, he is a god) but due to finances and other life junk, I drifted away from that career option and found myself in "What The F Am I Going To Do With My Life?" world.  Since I started to work evenings, I had a lot of time on my hands during the day and I decided to complete a huge craft project for my boy's Christmas gift last year.  It made me remember all the things I loved about being creative and working with my hands and I realised it was something I could really, really enjoy doing, more so than just as a hobby.  I found out about the Indie Business course through an amazing blog by Kyla Roma and it seems to be the perfect thing for me; it offers all sorts of information about being a small creative business and I think it's really going to help me decide what steps I need to take next to make my dreams a successful reality.

I'm *so* excited to start!  I always loved getting ready to go back to school as a kid (and as an adult at university!) Now I've got an excuse to go buy pens, notepads and a new folder for the course!  Yay for being a stationary-a-holic!

1 comment: