Monday, February 21, 2011

Late Night Early Morning Busyness!

My boy and I had a *great* time last night (^_^) He "picked me up" at 7, we prepared and ate our delicious tuna sandwiches, went for a walk through a hugely funny haunted house and watched a movie called 'Identity' (all in keeping with the haunted/creepy theme of the night) We talked for hours, over sandwiches, coffee and cake and I really enjoyed every moment of it.  It's my turn to host date night next Sunday, I hope I can make mine just as much fun!
I weighed in this morning and I gained a whole pound *SAD* Curse you, chocolate fudge cookies and Victoria sponge cake!  So I'm back to 161 *huffs* I posted Kyla's postcard today, fingers crossed it makes it to Canada in one piece!  Ooh, and the kittens had to take a trip to the vet to be neutered, micro-chipped and vaccinated today, we picked them up at just after 4pm and they're all doing really well.  Sleepy and cute and a little bit sore, in need of lots of hugs (and absolutely ravenous!)

I didn't have work *again, jeez* so I got stuck into some more of the Creativity BootCamp I've been doing and my word prompt for the day was 'hidden'.  I wanted to do some more experimenting with paper and sewing so this is what I made!


This is the first time I've ever sewn a blanket stitch, despite wanting to have learned it for yonks.  I was inspired by the date my boy and I had last night, love was definitely in the air (^_^) All I did was make a 'door' in a piece of black card and back it with a square of purple parchment decorated with a yellow heart.  There are so many things that could be done with it too, like adding a cute little picture or a message - The possibilities are endless!  I really enjoyed making it, it was so much fun to learn a new stitch and try my hand at it.  I think it turned out pretty well too!  I'd probably put this on the front of a card or maybe on a notebook to decorate it, or I'd include it with a letter to my boy as a sweet little surprise (^_^) I'm really enjoying this sewing-on-paper thing, my mind is bubbling with all the different things I could do!  Hope you're having an awesome Monday (^_^)

1 comment:

  1. Poor kitties! I remember when I had to take my dog in for that. She was all sleepy from the drugs.

    Cute heart!

    ReplyDelete