Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Music To My Ears!


Whilst under the stairs, digging through my worldly possessions and searching for my Les Misérables 10th Anniversary Concert DVD *pause for breath* I found my Kennedy Soundtrack CD.  They're hard to describe sound-wise, a mixture of rock, rap and a whole heap of other things.  They've since disappeared into the ether (seriously, they don't even have a Wikipedia page!) but they were a big part of my musical youth.  I haven't listened to this CD in years and wow, did it take me back!  I got it back in 2002 (cripes!) and on hearing the songs was immediately zoomed back to my young teen days, when I was just discovering new styles of music and developing my own identity.  I immediately went about scouring my CD collection for other albums long forgotten.

 Linkin Park, Nickleback, 36 Crazyfists, American Headcharge and Maroon 5 all surfaced, leaving me in a gloriously nostalgic musical wave of awesome!  It was incredible, the memories stirred just by listening to some of the songs.  Most were happy and some were tinged with sadness, but all of them I cherish.
Music has been such a huge part of my life for so many years; I grew up in a house full of music of all different styles which has kept my ears open to develop an eclectic musical taste.  I'm always on the look out for new music but there's nothing like a taste of my teenage days to perk me up.  It was a real treat to find that CD and take a trip down memory lane today!

I finished 'The Day Of The Triffids' today, an exceptional novel by John Wyndham.  If any of you have seen the film which was made in the 1960s, it's nothing like that!  It's a battle for survival, not just against a bunch of genetically modified human-killing-and-eating plants that can uproot and walk around (if that isn't enough) but in a world where the majority are blind and life as it has always been ceases.  It's wonderfully tense and exciting at times, but also contemplative and insightful into the nature of human beings.  I thoroughly enjoyed it and will definitely be reading it again!  That's 3 down, 17 more to go this year (^_^)

I'm taking Gizmo to have her stitches out tomorrow (yay, no more sad cone cat!) and then I'll be going to see my Nan, who is the person who got me interested in card making and general crafting.  I'm excited to talk to her about my ideas for a business and the way I'm using the things she once taught me to create a better future for myself.  I'm still in the process of designing the bookmarks for B but I've started sewing the one for my boy and I am mighty pleased with the results so far.  I love that I'm feeling so inspired and ready to create lately, I have so many things I want to learn and so much to look forward to.  I hope everyone is having an inspired, awesome Wednesday (^_^)

No comments:

Post a Comment