Monday, March 14, 2011

Who Do? You Do! Do What? Remind Me Of The Babe!

The last few days have just been a whirlwind for me!  From going out to an interview on Wednesday to actually starting the job on Saturday, I was lucky enough to snaffle two days off to recover from the hectic week gone by!  I've been horribly tired and aching all over (I know, I know, a hard day's work never killed anyone but it sure tried on Saturday) and just needed the last two days to relax before I head back tomorrow.  Subsequent relaxing means I haven't really done a lot of crafting or baking or, well, anything.  Except watching one of my favourite movies of all time and remembering why it's such a huge inspiration to me.
{Source}
Oh, Labyrinth!  I remember watching this as a tiny little girl and have ever since dreamed of becoming Sarah and fighting against the Goblin King (David Bowie I love you) to rescue my baby brother!  Seriously, if I had the chance to become a character from a movie, I'd be Sarah.  Not only does she go on an awesome adventure and makes loads of slightly odd yet charming friends, she has utterly beautiful hair and gets to wear kick-ass clothes.

Pretty hair & pretty face!
I love how billowy her shirt is compared to her skinny jeans.
Do want her hairpieces!  Super gorgeous!
All stills - {Source}
I feel a bit more normal now that I've lusted over pretty costumes and sunk back into my childhood a little.  I feel ready for the hard week of work I have ahead of me and I also feel like everything is just managing to slip into place right now.  Seeing my boy draws ever closer, I've finally got the job I need, the craziness is over and normality is being restored.  Now I just need to dig those craft materials out and get cracking again!  Which reminds me, must buy some more black card...(^_^)

1 comment:

  1. I don't remember this movie being this epic, but now it sounds epic so I must watch it again ;)...

    ReplyDelete